Cupid Cherub and his Heart Pouch

   

Cupid and Heart PouchOver Christmas, while I was relaxing with my husband’s family, I was suddenly struck with some inspiration. Good thing I always travel with a notebook, hook, and yarn – albeit, usually too much yarn! I jotted down a quick sketch and thought about portions. I wanted to design a Cupid doll, but not just the doll. I wanted him to feel more special, more for Valentine’s Day. He needed a heart. A heart-shape pouch for his home. The doll designing was a painless process, but not so for his heart-shaped pouch.

The main issue was the size and fabric thickness of the heart. I normally try to make my patterns quick enough to make in an afternoon for an experienced crocheter. Also, Cupid was making the heart a bit lumpy. I needed to create a thicker fabric. To make crocheting the heart quicker and thicker, I decided to use two strands of yarn held together while crocheting.

I’m very pleased with the result. A couple of the finished dolls and hearts along with the pattern in currently available on Etsy, and the pattern is also available in Canadian dollars on Ravelry. The pattern is 6 pages long (my longest pattern to date) and includes a short tutorial on joining parts together without sewing.

cupid amigurumiheartyarn cherub

Comments

Popular Posts