Crochet One-Skein Wonders–I’ve Been Published!

 

IMG_4979Big, exciting news – I have a pattern published in Crochet One-Skein Wonders – 101 Projects from Crocheters Around the World. You can find Louis Lobster on page 234.

The book is organized by yarn weight so it is great for finding projects to use up your yarn stash. Like many crafters I suffer from collecting a vast variety of yarn sizes and fibres. The book is full of bright and colourful pictures. There are a few projects I can’t wait to try: Pinwheel Newboy Cap by Jenny Allbritain and Switchback Scarf by Ryan Hollist.

If you are looking to pick up your very own copy, Barnes & Noble customers will get 5 bonus crochet project patterns with your in-store or online purchase.

 

The Process

In Spring 2011, I found out online that Storey Publishing was looking for submissions for a new

book. The main criterion was that the project could only use one skein (ball) of yarn. In retrospect, I should have submitted more than one pattern, but most of my amigurumis use multiple colors (therefore more than one skein) and at the time of the deadline I was living in a hotel. The Canada Post strike had just ended, and Storey Publishing was kind enough to wait for my delayed parcel to arrive,

In Summer 2012, I was mailed a sample of my patter including layout to proof read. I remember checking it while visiting my husband’s family in Balmoral, NB.

And now the book is published! It has been a wonderful experience. I did sign a copyright release of the pattern, but only for the book. I still own the copyright which is really wonderful! I will be keeping a lookout for any more similar opportunities.

JKeller-150_LouisTheLobster-9

(I love this picture of Louis Lobster by Keller + Keller Inc!)

Comments

Popular Posts