A Beginning

I've wanted to have a blog for a while now, but until now, I didn't know what to write about. Crocheting has been a hobby of mine for the past 20 years. In the past 18 months I've become a crochet addict. At first, I found many free patterns from Crochet Pattern Central. For the past year, I have been working on my own patterns. Many prototypes were horrific and became toys for my two cats. Finally I am getting the hang of it.


About a year ago I began selling my creations at my local farmers market. At first I sold a hodge podge of items (blankets, clothes, pins, toys, dish clothes, etc). Eventually I settled on toys- they are relatively quick to make and a great creative outlet. This picture was taken before the market opened on a Saturday morning before Easter. I have recently started a frequent buyer programme for my clients. I am fortunate to have fantastic regulars for both my toys and my sweets (fudge and peanut brittle)

To expand my homebase, I also sell my toys on ETSY. It is a fantastic website specializing in handmade products.

My future goals are to expand my toys to include produce (so far, I have made carrots and eggs) and to begin selling my patterns. I've been hesitant to sell my patterns for fear of copying. Hopefully having a clear copyright on the patterns will help me there.

Comments

Popular Posts