Weekly Update (2011.02.11)

  New Products
    I have also been expanding my line of key chains/charms. I began creating these items as a special request for party favours. Bulk pricing is available on orders of 10+ items. Colours are customizable. New this week is a little sheep. I also have available monkeys, flowers, hearts, pigs, and music notes.
    SDC16819 SDC16722 SDC16656
    Many people do not know this, but as I perfect my patterns, I self-publish them. They are usually up for sale in my Etsy shop, but if you are local (HRM, Nova Scotia) and prefer not to be charged in US dollars, you can send me a message anytime. If you would like an electronic copy I can send a PayPal invoice, or we can meet at the Historic Halifax Market on Saturdays (I can also print the pattern for pick up as well). Newly available: Thomas Turtle. Currently 15 patterns are available.
    Thomas Turtlecarrot greys Maude & Mona Mermaid 

    Geeks versus Nerds

      Last night, I went out to Jokers (Spring Garden Rd) for a Geeks Versus Nerds Debate. I absolutely love this crowd (most of whom I hadn’t seen since Hal-Con. A most wonderful person who is traveling to Scotland tonight wanted a Nelson doll to take along. I wasn’t sure which colour she wanted, so I took the ones I had on hand – and I’m happy to have done so as 3 more Nelson’s found a home last night. Other highlights of the night were the debate intros by PigMonkey (very funny!) and the great animated debaters, especially “Charlie Brown”…and Bobba Fett defeated Batman as the ultimate badass.
      SDC16802 SDC16015

      Blog

        I’ve received some fantastic feedback from my last two blog posts: 5 Tips for ETSY Sellers and 11 Tips for Selling Your Crafts at a Market or Show, and even had both of them posted as Featured Posts on The Hive! For anyone crafty (from yarn workers to photographers, to writers), The Hive is a collective of artisans who share their works, interests, and all things crafty through message boards and groups. There are even shows and online meetings. If you are interest in joining, click here. I belong to a few different groups: Amgurumi Designers, Amigurumi Makers, Home Based Arts & Crafts Business, and Your Craft Business. These blog posts that show up on The Silver Hook automatically post there as well. And my last two posts were mostly geared towards them and the 902 Hustler Etsy Team an ETSY group from Nova Scotian artisans.

        Have a wonderful weekend! I will be at the Historic Farmers’ Market Saturday.


        Comments

        Popular Posts