Winterlude and WIP (work in progress)

Winterlude

BRRrrrrr….but say it loudly while shivering. That is the sound of Winter in Ottawa and I heard it often last night during Winterlude -   3 week outdoor festival in the National Capital Region (Ottawa/Gatineau area). There is a snow park with forts, and skating on the Rideau Canal. Last night, Jason and I  went to Confederation Park to hear live music, admire delicate and lovely ice sculptures, and warm ourselves next to a campfire (a unexpected, pleasant surprise).

IMG_0692IMG_0626  IMG_0639 IMG_0648IMG_0675  IMG_0682IMG_0684IMG_0666IMG_0651

WIP

WIP is a Work in Progress. I am currently working on a very special customer order for a very understanding friend. I’ve sort of been sitting on making this design for a long time (months). There have been sketches and lots of thought about the yarn details. Normally there is a lot of frogging when I am creating, so the finished project may look vastly different from these pictures, however I wanted to share with you a little of my creative process.

IMG_0619

Comments

Popular Posts