Baby and Toddler Gifts – Pairing A Cute Toy with a Book

IMG_0611February 2012 has been my best February yet – and here I thought mid-Winter would be a slow period!  People have been falling in love with my creations. I love receiving feedback and hearing stories. I often hear that my toys make great teething products. I will have to trust  their experiences– personally I’ve never tested it myself.

Another bit of feedback I received was my toy caterpillar paired with The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, makes a great baby gift. If you live near Halifax, Nova Scotia, both items can be found at Fiddleheads Kids Shop, along with many of my rattles. My original inspiration for my dragonflies was to accompany the book The Dragonfly Door (winner of a Mom’s Choice Award). The book helps children to cope with grief and loss by telling the story of two water nymphs. Many of my other toys are from nursery rhymes. I always think of Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed while I am crocheting monkeys. And The Little Mermaid (along with The Last Unicorn and  Disney’s Robin Hood) was my favourite childhood movie.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts