WIP Wednesday: Ripple Baby Blanket

 

This pink, purple, and white baby blanket has been a work in progress (WIP) for about 3 months. When Noah was younger, it was difficult to work on toys. Blankets require less concentration than the shaping that goes into toys. Plus, I recently received my large yarn order for the year, and I want to clear some space in my crochet studio.

IMG_8169IMG_8170

 

Currently the blanket measures 39 inches long and 34 inches across. I still have a white border to complete. If I make the border about an inch wide, it will increase the length to about 41 inches, and the width to 36 inches. There isn’t a standard size for a baby blanket, but this will fit nicely in a stroller and not be too bulky for winter cuddles on the sofa.

This baby blanket is destined to join my Etsy shop once it is complete.

Want to learn a bit more about the thoughts I had while making a similar blanket, check out this post, and this one, too.

Comments

Popular Posts